3.08.2012

What We Ate: {Chocolate Chip Cookie Oreo Brownie Bar}

OMG, you guys.

OMG.

I'm the designated baker at work. If there is something to celebrate, I bring a treat. That's just how we roll in the Accounting department. And most the time, if the celebration is for you, I let you pick the recipe! I'm so nice.

So it was my coworker, Tori's birthday...
This is the birthday girls picture. {I know, I look suuuper awkward...}

Anyway, this is what she wanted.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Oreo Brownie Bars.

Whoa.

I would say I did pretty good because the original recipe topped it with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup.

And as much as I'm trying to justify the fact that I've been munching on the leftovers all week, these really will put you in a sugar coma.

Be sure to have a large glass of milk handy.


The Stuff:

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups chocolate chips
1 pkg Oreos
1 Brownie mix

The Doing:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream the butter and sugars together in a large bowl. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Slowly incorporate flour, baking soda and salt to wet ingredients. Spread the cookie dough into the bottom of a greased 13x9 dish. Top with a layer of Oreos. Prepare Brownie batter according to the directions on the box. Pour Brownie batter over the top of the Oreos. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for 25 minutes. Mine were still pretty gooey so I lowered my temperature to 300 and baked for an additional 20 minutes.

{My 2 cents...I liked these better at room temperature than while still warm out of the oven.}

No comments :

Post a Comment