2.28.2012

What We Ate: {Teriyaki Asian Turkey Meatballs}

I got a yummy and healthy recipe for ya today!
But first off, I really need to invest in a white plate.
My red plates just aren't cutting it when it comes to picture taking.


Teriyaki Asian Turkey Meatballs

The Stuff:

1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 lb lean ground turkey
1 egg
1 tbsp ground ginger
1 clove garlic, minced {even though I'm pretty sure I totally forgot to put this in and didn't realize it until just now}
1/2 tsp salt
3 green onions, chopped
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil

The Doing:

Preheat oven to 500 degrees.

Mix turkey, bread crumbs, egg, salt, green onions, ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil in a large bowl until well combined. Shape 1/4 cup meat mixture into a ball and placed on greased cookie sheet. Bake until cooked through, 15 minutes.

Serve with a side of rice {I chopped up another green onion and mixed it with the rice before serving}. Drizzle the rice and meatballs with Teriyaki sauce.

No comments :

Post a Comment