2.13.2012

What We Ate: {Cinnamon Roll Pancakes}

I am a sweet for breakfast kinda person. Mike likes the salty stuff. And unfortunately we have 9 AM church on Sunday, therefore we only get a nice homemade breakfast once a week on Saturday morning.

Well this weekend I won over with a recipe that I have been wanting to make for months now.

Mike isn't really a pancake person, therefore, I never really get to eat pancakes. I know, you say, I can make them for myself. But its hard to make a nice breakfast when I know that I'm going to be the only that will eat it.

Well this recipe was a great way to get Mike to eat pancakes.


Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

The Stuff:

Prepared pancake batter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp melted butter

The Doing:

Mix the melted butter, cinnamon and brown sugar. Put in some sort of squeeze bottle {I used a ketchup/mustard squeeze bottle like these.}

Pour pancake batter on griddle and immediately swirl the cinnamon sugar mixture onto the batter. Finish cooking just like you would a pancake.

Now the yummy part. I was going to go with just syrup. I mean, its still a pancake. But Mike wasn't having that. So yes, we made a frosting for these.

The Stuff:

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp butter, melted
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 tsp & 1 Tbsp milk {more or less, depending on the consistency you want}

The Doing:

Mix it all together and serve over some awesome cinnamon roll pancakes.

So breakfast practically turned into dessert. Pssh. Get off it.
So worth it.

1 comment :

  1. ohhh myyyy. that looks mouth watering!!! Pinning this!

    ReplyDelete