11.07.2010

Home Alone

There really isn't much to say this time around. I don't have a single picture to post either. So I warn, it could get boring.

Mike spent the weekend in Arkansas at a negotiation competition for law school. His team did good, they won both of their negotiations. Unfortunately, they didn't make it to the final four, but we are just glad its over so now he can just get geared up for finals. People, we are almost half way through our law school experience. I can't believe it! And can I tell you being a law school wife is one of the most difficult things? I keep myself pretty darn busy, and Mike is smarter than the average so he doesn't have to study near as much as some of the other law school students. But I tell you what, its rough. So thank goodness that we are 3 semesters in and only have 3 semesters to go.

So its official. I am a runner again. I didn't think it would happen, but when I walked in the gym that first time this past week, I couldn't help but head for the treadmill instead of the elliptical. And let me tell you, this time around I picked it right back up. It was like riding a bike, my body just didn't forget how to do it. I am already running about an hour straight. Which is a great motivator for me to keep running. And oh how I have missed the treadmill. It is so wonderful to be back.

I did do a little crafting this weekend, but we didn't have enough time to finish it, and the game this weekend is at 2:30, so it'll be two weeks before I complete this one and get a picture posted. Speaking of games, this weekend is the last home game this season, and its very bittersweet. I have really enjoyed going and hanging out with Mike and cheering for our Sooners. OU football is definitely an experience. I am gonna take the video camera to the game on Saturday and record the whole opening before the game starts. Its spectacular.

Not much else is going on in our home here in Oklahoma. Our lives from day to day just don't really change much. I work, clean and run. Mike goes to school, works (2 jobs...crazy), and studies. It seems we keep our lives jam packed with nothingness, but we do seem to have a little fun along the way and make a few memories together.

1 comment :

  1. Congrats on getting back into running. Usually it's so much harder to pick it up once you've been gone so I'm so glad you're enjoying getting back to the runners life!

    Also congrats to being halfway through the law-school experience. It seems like you guys are really making the most of the time in Oklahoma - especially with the Sooners games. How fun!

    Hope things continue to go well for you guys!

    ReplyDelete