4.02.2014

On Monday...

 ...we met our Resource Family Consultant (RFC). We have an RFC!! It's been such a long wait. It seems that none of these different divisions share information with each other so it was another 45 minutes of answering the exact same questions that we've answered several other times. What ages? How do you plan to discipline? How do you cope with stress? And on and on. We've got it all memorized now, so it's a piece of cake. Apparently Mike told them I'm a clean freak. So then I had to explain myself out of that one. He claims he didn't say "clean freak", I'll never know though. That, however, is the phrase that she used when asking me if I am "flexible" in terms of cleanliness. Well obviously. Because kids are crazy messy and if I wasn't flexible I doubt I'd want any kids coming and messing things up.
 
We are now officially on the waiting list. I finally was able to get a better idea for how many foster homes there are in the Salt Lake Valley and how many of them were waiting vs. already had placement. She said that of the six RFC's, each one has about 50-75 homes. Of the homes that she has in the Salt Lake Valley over 80% of them have placements. She says that us getting licensed for three is a very big deal. Most homes don't have that much space, yet they see more groups of children of three or more come into the system than they see one child or groups of two. Which makes me think I better start looking for some bunk beds!
 
It's crazy to think that any day now we could have a house full of kids. I'm beyond excited and completely terrified but I pray that I will have the tools that I need to be able to take care of each of their individual needs. Because I know that when God tells you to do something, he will provide the way so that it can be done.

No comments :

Post a Comment