6.28.2012

What We Saw: {A Dad Moment}

Before I was born, my parents took a trip to Washington D.C. 

When my parents found out that we would be living here for a little while, they told us about some of the things that I enjoyed seeing while they were here. 

My mom loved Ford's Theatre, Mount Vernon and the Library of Congress. 

My dad?

Archie Bunker's chair. 

I'm sure there were plenty of things that he enjoyed seeing in addition to that. But for some reason, that is one of the main things that he remembers from when he came here. 

Aren't dad's just the quirkiest?

So dad....this one's for you!
I blame the strange pose on the fact that Mike was struuuugggggling taking this picture and people were waiting for us to get out of the way and things were feeling suuuuuppper awkward.

But that wasn't even the best part!

You guys! I had that moment. You know, the same moment that my dad had 30 years ago when he saw Archie Bunker's chair!

I saw the Hogwart's Cape that Daniel Radcliffe wore in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone! And in 30 years when my kids decide to go to Washington D.C., I'm going to tell them all about it!
Yep, there were even some thumbs up going on because I was so excited. 

Oh and we saw a piece of the Berlin Wall. And a dress that Jackie Kennedy wore. I love her.
And tons of other pretty awesome stuff.
{National Museum of American History}

We also went to the National Archives where the Declaration of Independence, Bill of Rights, and Constitution are housed. But you can't take pictures in there. So here is our single picture to remind me in 30 years that I actually did go there.
 

1 comment :

  1. I'm feeling so jealous right now. I wish I was seeing the things that you're seeing.

    ReplyDelete