6.25.2012

What I Crossed Off the Bucket List: {East Coast Camping}

Girls Camp is fun.


Canoe races in the pool, hiking, fires, s'mores, testimony meeting, staying up until the wee hours of the morning chatting with the other leaders like we were 14 again.

It was a blast.

But East coast camping is different. It's hot. Really hot. The bugs are huge. Moss grows all over everything. And the fires are hard to start because the wood is wet. And I don't really wanna go east coast camping again.

But I am so glad I did! I'm so glad I was randomly called to be the Assistant Girls Camp Director. I'm so glad I was able to build a relationship with the girls and leaders. I'm so glad that I am able to cross another thing off my bucket list that I didn't know was on it.

2 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness! It took me 3 looks across the group of girls to even recognize you! I thought you were just one of them. You are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh the humidity! I grew up on the east coast, and we all lived in our bathing suits while we camped...my mother even stuck a 5lb bag of ice cubes down the back of hers to keep cool while cooking. Ha!

    ReplyDelete