5.22.2012

What We Ate: {Turtle Cookies}

I love chocolate.

Mmm.

My mominlaw had these cookies on her Pinterest, so I thought that while they were out, I would make her a treat that she had been meaning to try.

And I'm not kidding when I say that these things were gone like wild fire.

Delicious.


Turtle Cookies

The Stuff:
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans
3 dozen individually wrapped caramel candies

The Doing:

Preheat oven to 350. In a medium sized bowl whisk together flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and combine. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Do not overmix. Add chocolate chips.

Roll into balls and dip half of the ball into the chopped pecans.

Place baking sheet with the pecan dipped side facing up. Gently push one caramel candy half way into the center of each ball.

Bake 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.

2 comments :

  1. This looks delicious!

    Also, I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! Check it out on my blog :)

    mylifeinlavender.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These cookies look so good! Caramel in a cookie! How great is that!

    I also wanted to let you know about a giveaway I'm hosting with shabby apple. Hope you enter!

    http://laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete