1.31.2012

What We Ate: {Sweet and Spicy Bacon Chicken}

So. As we discussed before, many of the recipes that I make are from Pinterest. I spend Saturday morning searching for said recipes and then I take my grocery list and head to the store for the week. So. I buy all the ingredients for this certain recipe that I had planned to make on Sunday. Luckily, there wasn't too much involved. Because Sunday after church, I try to open that darn link from Pinterest and it wasn't working! Hmmph. Well great. Husband to the rescue. He gets on Pinterest and finds us something that we can make instead. You'll see why that story was important when you see this picture....
Because I would never ever wrap chicken in bacon.

But that being said, we had all the ingredients that we needed for this recipe and that after church hunger was quickly setting in. So I caved. And I'm so glad I did, because it was delicious!

Sweet and Spicy Bacon Chicken

The Stuff:
Chicken Thighs (or breasts, but we had chicken thighs from the other recipe that we were supposed to be making)
Bacon Slices {we used turkey bacon}
Salt and Pepper to tast
Garlic Powder
Chili Powder
Brown Sugar

The Doing:
Season the chicken with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and chili powder. Wrap each piece of chicken with bacon {and we secured with some toothpicks} and roll in brown sugar. Grill away.

And we served with a side of brown rice. Mmmm.

No comments :

Post a Comment