5.09.2011

Animal Kingdom

Approximately 5 minutes before the Kentucky Derby, with no beforehand knowledge of any of the horses/trainers/jockeys, Mike and I decided to pick a horse. Mike picked Mucho Macho Man. And guess who I picked?? Yep, Animal Kingdom. Let me tell you, that was the most exciting 2 minutes of my life! And I won!!! Yep, Animal Kindom won the race! And Mucho Macho Man took 3rd. Can you believe it? We pick out of 19 horses randomly, and we get 1st and 3rd place? Yep, we are awesome. I kept asking Mike what I won, but he couldn't give me an answer. So I got the large shake instead of the small shake at Braum's and called it good.


Mike and I went trail running on Saturday. I know what you're thinking. Trail running in Oklahoma? Where do you do that? Well thanks to some friends, we found a great spot. Now, if you're expecting Utah trails, prepare to be disappointed, but for Oklahoma, these were fabulous. Right next to the lake, amidst the wildlife, on a nearly completely shaded trail. The markers on the trail were pretty bad, but we figure we ran about 9 miles. AND IT WAS AWESOME. So entertaining. So tiring. But we loved it. And the best part about it, the head of the trail is like 10 minutes from our house. You don't have to drive clear up a canyon to get there!

Sweat much? We look awesome.









Happy Mothers Day (yesterday) to our Momma's! We love you so much and can't wait to see you in a week!



Anybody else wake up to a back massage on Mother's Day? Yeah, I know, Mike is the coolest!

No comments :

Post a Comment