2.01.2011

Snow Day

We are loving this snow day. We probably only got about 10-12 inches of snow but the snow drifts are up to 5 feet and its only 10 degrees outside with 50 mph winds which means the entire city has shut down! So here we sit at home, enjoying each others company. The house is clean and we got our taxes done! Super productive day so far. And to think, I didn't have to go to work today but I am still getting paid. I got paid to clean my house. I could get used to this.

Yesterday was a not so fabulous day. On the way to work, Mike got hit by a dump truck on the freeway. He was smashed between the dump truck and the cement barrier in the center of the freeway. He his fine, thank goodness, but the Civic, not so much. I think this is the 7th time that the Civic has been hit in less than 4 years. It may also be the last because Mike says there is a very good chance that the car could be totaled. Lovely. Either way, I am so grateful that Mike is okay, because he really could have been seriously hurt. The other guy already admitted fault, so now it's just getting through all the phone calls and paperwork. I feel like we are pros at this car accident/ insurance thing because we have done it so many times. Who knows, we may end up getting another new car. Mike tried to tell me yesterday that if the car is totaled, we should just lease a new Camaro. Hah. Boys.

1 comment :

  1. Days in together are the best! Glad you're taking advantage of such a lovely snow day. Sorry about the car but luckily you weren't at fault so hooray for not having to worry too much :) Maybe that Camaro's not such a bad idea!

    ReplyDelete