7.15.2010

The Council of Dads

I just finished reading "The Council of Dads" by Bruce Feiler. This was a fantastic book. I think the thing that I liked most about this book is it reminded me of certain things that I want to make sure that I incorporate into my parenting when I have kids.

Approach the cow
Pack your flip-flops
Don't see the wall
Tend your tadpoles
Live the questions
Harvest miracles

Also:
Always learn to juggle on the side of a hill
Take a walk with a turtle
Hug the monster

These things may not mean much as written, but when you learn the story in the book that goes behind each of these phrases, you will learn why they are so important. This is the type of book that you want to own, so that you can highlight the multiple lessons that are learned.

One day I'll buy it, and I'll reread it with my highlighter.

No comments :

Post a Comment