4.28.2010

Happenings

Its been a while. I finished a book. "Three Cups of Tea" by Greg Mortensen and David Oliver Relin. I recommend it to everyone. It just goes to show that people can do great things with effort. Greg Mortensen has been added to my list of heroes. It couldn't have been more perfect timing, since I was in the middle of reading this book....but Greg Mortensen came to the Lloyd Noble Center last week and spoke. And it was free. So I took off work early and went to hear him speak. And I even got Mike to go with me. Honestly, Greg Mortensen is an awful speaker. You can tell he is uncomfortable being the center of attention and doesn't like large crowds. It was great to see first hand since that is talked about a lot in the book. Somehow though, he still did a fantastic job. Its amazing what some people can accomplish in life. Read the book. You won't regret it.

On Saturday night, Mike and I got to go to the Ford Center to see the Lakers play the Thunder. We had 2nd row floor seats. Now obviously, we aren't used to going to Playoff games and having that great of seats, so we had no idea what to expect. Did you know that people with floor seats get a complimentary buffet before the game? Yeah, we didn't know that either so we had already eaten before we had gone to the game. But it was a complimentary buffet at the Thunder game that we will probably never be able to experience again so we had 2 dinners on Saturday night. Drinks were free too. Well non-alcoholic drinks were free which is all that matters to us. It is a whole different world sitting on the floor though. The guy next to us was wearing a superbowl ring. Los Angeles Raiders back in the 80's. Still though. And everybody knows each other. They all hold season tickets and are best friends with each other. And they all just get wasted all night. The girl sitting behind us couldn't even stand up by herself. It was really funny. Mike, a typical law student, says to me, "I should be networking....". Haha. And then he proceeds to convince me that getting season tickets down on the floor would be an investment because of the networking and the connections that you can make with people. I don't know how convinced I am considering that would be super super expensive. Lets pay off law school loans first.


We got storage units over the weekend. I guess that is what we have decided to do. And the climate controlled storage units for the the whole summer were still less than what we pay for one month worth of rent. So we will be saving a lot of money. Its just a lot of work. And I am sad to leave my house. I love it. So every day we have made a run taking whatever the jeep will hold. The first thing we moved was my cedar chest so that I could do it myself and cover it so that no one will scratch it or ding it. I am super paranoid about it. I am still upset about having to move my piano since I spent all that time painting it and then knowing that it probably won't make it through another tuning. The strings are really old, and the first time we had it tuned, so many strings broke. But oh well, I guess I don't really have a choice. But I have so many great friends who have offered to help pack and move stuff, which I may really take you up on your offers depending on how the next few weeks go. Anyway, such is life.
I love my husband.
I love my life.
Always and forever. XO


5 comments :

  1. I thought you would take a picture of the ring since you have done that before. Your brownies make my mouth water; and your cake balls must be awesome. Good for you for capitalizing on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have decided I also love to bake. I wish I could get paid for it but instead I seem to just be ensuring that I will never lose the baby weight. I happen to have a mini muffin pan so I need this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... those brownies look heavenly! And really if you need ANY help with ANYTHING before you leave let us know! We would love to help. And you have to admit... you're gonna miss OK just a little bit over the summer, just a little tiny bit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you took a picture of his ring, remind you of anything else? ha ha ha. Too bad i didn't know you were at the game I could've looked for you on tv!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you're paranoid about things getting dinged up and scratched. Moving your things is super stressful but it totally makes sense if you're gonna save so much money! Good luck on the moving of all your stuff. Also, your recipes look divine! That's so amazing you're getting paid to do what you love. The game sure looked like a blast! I'm glad you two are having so much fun together. How long are you going to be in utah for? I'm hoping when Jonathan and I get back to Utah we'll all be able to get together for a BBQ or something but we'll see!

    ReplyDelete