1.14.2010

Boredom Blog

I have been such a blah person lately. My job has been so time consuming. I have been working later hours just to try to get stuff done, and then I add in my commute time....an extra hour and a half a day, and I pretty much lose all time at home with Mike. I get home, eat something for dinner....often a bowl of cereal, because Mike has already eaten dinner, because I don't get home in time to cook....but even if I did get home in time to cook, I probably wouldn't because I don't have the energy or mental capacity to even think of something to make. Then I usually plop down in front of the stupid TV because I have no desire to workout, or clean, or do pretty much anything. I haven't done a load of laundry in weeks, because Mike has pretty much taken over that whole chore. Then I take a shower and am usually in bed by 10:00 because I am wiped. I have no ambition lately. I just don't want to do anything.....ever. Then again, what is there to do? If I had all day every day to do whatever I wanted, just liked I did before the dreadful day of November 4, 2009 when I got a job, what would I even do? Well for one, my house would be clean. I could be a better wife. I could actually workout again. But really, that's about it. Hobbies are expensive. And so is law school tuition. So for now, I continue working to keep the student loans at a minimum. But the student loans cannot go to support my desire of redecorating my house, making healthy gourmet meals, or replacing my wardrobe. So I continue to read the books that I borrowed from my mom, and then utilize both my library card and my digital cable that I am still convinced is severely overpriced. Being bored is awful. But having no money to pay bills is worse. So I suck it up, at least on the outside. Sadly, Michael gets the brunt of whats on the inside. So to my dear husband, I am sorry for the lack of wife that I am. Just call me the breadwinner.....I cannot wait for the day when I can no longer say that.

2 comments :

  1. Oh Abby, it's crazy how much I can relate to this. I am exactly the same way. By the time I get home from work, where I've been about 3 hours longer than I get paid for, I can't find the energy for anything. I haven't made dinner, done the dishes, or done any laundry since I went back to work after Christmas vacation. Being the breadwinner sucks! But in a few years when we're staying home with the kids, we will be thinking the exact opposite :) Love you! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Abby, I am so sorry! Hang in there, it will all be worth it soon!!! Hope the job gets better, or that time goes by really fast! With your schedule it should! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete