12.22.2008

Holiday Update!

I know, I know, its been so long, and to all of our faithful readers (like my sister and Mike's sister), I truly apologize because you have missed out on what Mike and I have been doing for the past month. So here is a quick run through, (with limited pictures because I am at work...yep, I know, getting paid to update my blog.)

Thanksgiving was great. We were able to spend it with Mike's family and we had a great time. We did get a little bit of a football game in early in the day, and the weather was fantastic, not cold at all. Which helped my team win just a little bit easier! Of course, no help from me. I just run around and pretend to play, which gets me some great exercise!

We just finished with finals last week! Hallelujah! That is one of my many excuses for taking so long to update our blog. Now we are just waiting on our grades to come in....I think we check for them online about 20 times a day. One more semester for me until I graduate and 2 more for Mike and then on to Law School!

With finals finally over, we are able to enjoy what is left of Christmas! It was really hard for me to get into the Christmas spirit this year but I am finally coming along! I still have some shopping to do, of course, and plan on doing that hopefully within the next 2 days, cuz I guess I don't really have a choice. But Mike and I have done a few Christmas activities this year to help us get into the Christmas spirit. We went and saw Kurt Bestor (we go every year!), we went and saw the lights at Temple Square, we built gingerbread houses with some friends, and we were able to go and feed the homeless downtown at Pioneer Park. And this year its supposed to snow on Christmas!! I am so excited for that!

I just have to say how grateful I am for this time of year; the opportunity to be able to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ and to be able to spend time with family and friends. I love the hustle and bustle of the Christmas shopping, seeing children at the mall sit on the lap of Santa Claus disclosing their innermost Christmas wishes, going home every day from work and plugging in my Christmas tree and lighting my Hollyberry candle, walking into any grocery store in the valley and seeing the Salvation Army representatives faithfully ringing their bells and wishing everyone a "Merry Christmas", whether or not they donate, seeing the snow fall and knowing that I have a nice warm blanket and dry socks waiting for me at home, turning up the Christmas music at work or in my car and singing along with the carols, watching Elf probably once a day and sending Mike random texts of quotes from it, and just the general happiness that is spread because of the Christmas spirit!

I love Christmas and can't wait to spend a little time with Mike, a little time with my family, and a little time with Mike's family! Can't wait to see you all!

Merry Christmas!

No comments :

Post a Comment