1.07.2016

The Post To Update You On Nothing

I just feel that I say things in posts that make it sound like so much is happening, and then I don't post for a month and you wonder why I'm not posting.

Well because nothing has actually happened. Holidays really slow a process that is already extremely slow. People pretty much stop doing their jobs and caseworkers stop updating you and so I really haven't known a thing until today, after I begged the caseworker to text me back.

We still have the little guy. Some days he is the cutest thing that walked the planet. But most days I am counting down the day until he goes to where he is supposed to be. Not because he's a nightmare (well he kinda is though because toddler...) but because he is not mine. But today I found out that two different relatives want him. But the very best part of the whole thing, is that the caseworker is actually working on getting both of the relatives cleared (background checks and home study)! So that means that if the first in line relative backs out, there is actually a backup plan that won't take weeks to implement! Finally someone with a brain!

And I lied before when I said that that was the best part. No. The very, very, very best part of the whole entire thing is that it's relatives! Which means that for the rest of forever I don't have to have regrets about not adopting him (or about adopting him, whichever). And that no one can think I'm crazy for not adopting him, because I didn't have the choice anyway! Please oh please don't let both of these relatives fall through. Oh and of course, he should be with relatives. Absolutely. Because family. That is also the very, very, very best part.

 
Did I ever mention how much this kid likes to snuggle? Oh how I will miss that part. Oh and the fact that he's been napping now for 3 hours. A kid that snuggles and naps?! Dreamy!

No comments :

Post a Comment