4.17.2012

What We Ate: {Avocado Basil Pasta}

Did I ever tell you how much I loooovve food?

Well I do.

Side note: Mike found a delicious looking recipe on Pinterest a little while ago, and as I was planning the menu for this week, I decided to make it. Bought all the ingredients. Two days {two days!} after looking at this recipe, I get online so that I can make it and this girl has privatized her blog! Two days! Such bad timing.

Unrelated side note: Just started using this Instagram thing. Still figuring it out a bit, and trying to remember that I have it so that I will actually take pictures. Follow me at abbys14.

Today's recipe plain and simple.....rocks. {Except for maybe my over-enthusiasm when adding the basil}. Mike says the leftovers weren't that awesome though. More of a 'day of' meal. But its so so good the day of. I promise.


Avocado Basil Pasta

The Stuff:

8 ounces dried bow tie pasta
2 medium avocados, halved, seeded, peeled, and coarsely chopped
6 slices turkey bacon, crisp cooked, and crumbled
2 tbsp dried basil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt

The Doing:

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the avocados, bacon, basil, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, pepper, and salt. Add the hot pasta and toss to combine.

Super easy, right?

No comments :

Post a Comment