3.13.2012

What We Ate: {Spinach Salad}

There was a little bit of overconsumption of pizza going on at my house last night. I just couldn't help myself.

So for the sake of my suffering waistline, I bring to you today a salad.
But don't run and hide.
It's absolutely delicious!
{I can even get Mike to eat it, which is truly saying something.}


Spinach Salad

The Stuff:

8 cups of spinach {or enough spinach for two large servings}
1/4 cup green onion, chopped
1 medium tomato, diced
2 hard-boiled eggs, diced
7 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup vinegar
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tsp honey mustard
1 tsp lemon juice

The Doing:

Whisk together honey, vinegar, oil, honey mustard and lemon juice in bowl. Take two strips of bacon and crumble into the dressing. Set aside.

{The next part is personal preference!} You can either throw all the ingredients {spinach, chopped green onion, diced tomato, diced egg, and remaining crumbled bacon} into a bowl, including dressing and then stir so everything is coated with the dressing. {I don't like doing that because it makes any leftovers soggy.} Or you can just prepare salads on plates and then spoon the dressing over the top. We like to do it this way because then we can choose what goes into our individual salads.

2 comments :

  1. It's not too often my mouth waters over a salad, but YUM! That looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love avocado and bacon!
    Amy xo

    ReplyDelete