3.01.2012

What We Ate: {Cocoa Cake Cookies}

First things first.
Look at my new apron!
Handcrafted by my one and only amazing mother!
Normally she spends her time making beeauuutiful quilts, but she decided to take some time out and give me a little something to wear whilst in the kitchen.

Because I'm not gonna lie friends, this is what I'm usually sporting while whipping up some grub.
{Sneaky Mike, catching me at my best...}

Anyway, on to todays most recent baked item.

On a whim, sometimes chocolate chip cookies are a necessity in our household. It's sad really. But suuuper tasty.
This whim came along a few days ago. And it was a weekday, which meant that fromscratch was out.
But it's okay. Because I had a cake mix. But not just any cake mix. It was the Fudge Marble cake mix.
My mind starts reeling.
Now, we've all heard of cake cookies. That I'm sure of. But this particular cake mix came with a cocoa packet. And heaven knows there will be no chocolate in any form being thrown away in my house. Ever.
So just like a chocolate crackle cookie, I took it the opposite direction. And rolled my dough in cocoa. I was feeling brave. But not that brave. I only did half of them this way. In case it was disasterous.
But it wasn't.
They were awesome.
But just know, that cake cookies not rolled in cocoa are just as awesome. And so easy.

Cocoa Cake Cookies

The Stuff:

1 box cake mix {any flavor. obviously we used the fudge marble, but we love devils food.}
1 stick butter, softened
2 eggs
2 cups chocolate chips

The Doing:

Preheat oven to 375.

Mix in a large bowl cake mix, softened butter, eggs and chocolate chips. Pour cocoa in a small bowl. Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough into cocoa and coat entirely. {This was pretty tricky as the dough is very soft.}

Obviously if you don't want to roll them in cocoa, just omit that part. Everything else works out the same.

Bake for 9 minutes.

No comments :

Post a Comment