2.07.2012

What Took Us Back: {The Bachelor}

We all have our vices. One that I'm willing to admit on this here blog is that I'm kind of a Bachelor/Bachelorette junkie.

I ♥ that show.
The drama is really what makes it good. But the traveling and the nearly fake love stories really suck me in.

So last nights episode, guess where they were?!

Panama City, Panama

This is where Mike served the mission back in the day. We were lucky enough to travel there in 2008 for the Panama City Temple dedication.

All week Mike had been saying, "They better not ruin it. They better not."
{Oh, guess I didn't mention that Mike is a junkie too.}

And last night, cuddled up on the couch to watch, Mike begins naming off every place that he sees that he recognizes. Cute for like 10 seconds. But then I had to say, "Mike, I love you, but you have to stop talking, I can't hear what they are saying."

And then we proceed to watch 2 hours of pure tropical bliss. And its so much more fun to watch when the location has such a special place in your heart.

At the end of the show Mike says, "I could have planned way better dates in Panama."

He was so jealous, he could hardly contain himself.

But he reminds me frequently that one day "we will have a house in Panama."

But for the time being, all we have are our memories and pictures to remind us.

Our private island. Minus our little friend who raked the sand for us. Yep. Just us and him. 

Ruins. 

 Why yes, we did save a sloth while we were there! Kristen Bell would be so proud!

 Abby sans makeup. I literally spent 2 days straight in this hammock.

 Panama City, Panama Temple Dedication

 Our lodging while on the San Blas Islands. Pure paradise.

 El Valle.

3 comments :

  1. this makes me want to go to panama! it's such a beautiful place. That's so fun that you got to go back to his mission and visit. also, i'm a bachelor/bachelorette junkie too...and can i just say courtney is a ho bag! haha but she's kinda funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah love the pics! I didn't realize Panama was so pretty! And I happen to be a junkie for all things Bachelor related as well... AND maybe John is too. :) Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness such beautiful pictures! I love travelling and that is totally one of the reasons why I am hooked on Bachelor- they go EVERYWHERE! So lucky that you two could enjoy this together!

    bonnie

    ReplyDelete