1.16.2012

What We Did: {Temple Trip}

"I know your lives are busy. I know that you have much to do. But I make you a promise that if you will go to the house of the Lord, you will be blessed; life will be better for you."
—Gordon B. Hinckley

We don't make it as often as we'd like, with school, studying and work, but when we can get out there, it is definitely worth the drive.

Each time I go, I am reminded of my first time going through the temple. Having family, but most importantly, my sweetheart, there to support me. And I will never forget looking across the room and seeing Mike staring at me, and then without hesitation, doing the sign for I Love You. What a wonderful man I am married to. And what a wonderful opportunity I had to marry him in the temple. A forever marriage. And what wonderful opportunities we have to go back to the temple to serve the Lord, and also to be able to have such precious memories come flooding back to us.

Now, do you think that we'll just magically not get a ticket for not paying the toll on the toll road that we didn't realize that we were on {stupid GPS...you were programmed to AVOID TOLLS}. I mean, we were on our way to the temple....

Yep, we didn't even have 60 cents on us.

Lets not even talk about the stop sign that Mike "didn't see" on our way home from the temple.
{Not our best moments.}


 So, um, when using a mini tripod, and having the sun glare so bad you can't really see what your doing, and you can't really lay on the ground to get it right because your in a dress, chances are you will definitely stand directly in front of Angel Moroni.
 And I learned how to tie a tie on the way home from the temple. Go me.

No, taking pictures and tying ties are not the reason for our breaking of the law.
Twice.
We honestly have no excuses for that.

No comments :

Post a Comment