1.19.2012

What We Ate: {Sweet And Sour Chicken}

I have been requested to post more recipes. So the plan is {please don't hold me to it, plans frequently change} to post one dessert recipe and one dinner recipe a week. Could be more some weeks. Could be less. Who knows. Most recipes I pull from the internet {thank you, Pinterest} or are from my momma. But if there is a link, I will always link back. I'm not here to steal anyone's ideas, just here to present them for my readers. With that being said.....how about some Sweet and Sour Chicken!

This recipe is so so good.
Nuff said.


Sweet and Sour Chicken

The Stuff:
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 beaten egg
4 to 6 tablespoons cornstarch or flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup chicken broth
3 1/2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon soy sauce
3 to 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

The Doing:
1. Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt and pepper. Slice chicken into chunks. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

2. Dip chicken in beaten egg, then in cornstarch or flour.{Cornstarch supposedly makes chicken crispier, so thats what I used}. Brown in hot oil. Place in baking dish. Cover with the following sauce: Mix sugar, vinegar, chicken broth, ketchup, and soy sauce in bowl. Pour over chicken. Bake uncovered for about an hour {keep your eye on it, my oven is pretty funky when it comes to time}. Turn chicken about halfway through the time.

We served ours over brown rice and it was pretty much to die for.

1 comment :

  1. That's a different idea to bake it. I wonder if that makes it healthier??

    ReplyDelete