6.29.2008

Update!

It took me a long time to update but I said I would so here it is. At the beginning of June, my Grandparents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary. So my family threw them a big party. We had a lot of fun. We took family pictures, ate tons of yummy food, played a couple games and ended the night watching my Grandma and Grandpa cut a two tier cake that we ordered for them and watching them feed it to each other, just like you would when you get married. It was cute!


The second week of June, Mike being a Priest leader, and me being a Miamaid leader, had the opportunity to go up to Youth Conference for a day. We weren't able to go for the entire time because of our crazy schedules so of course we picked the day that they were going boating. We drove up to Deer Creek early that morning so that we could spend as much time up there as possible. It was pretty windy until about 2:00 in the afternoon, not too mention the water was absolutely freezing so the youth had a hard time even wanting to ride on the boats. I didn't really want to either. I was so cold and very content on the beach but I felt bad that no one wanted to get on the boats so Mike and I got on one of the boats. We just did a little tubing but total, I only spent just a few minutes in the water because of how cold it was. The rest of the trip I spent on the beach getting sunburned. We did try to do a little fishing but we didn't have much success. We had a good time though and love having callings with the youth in our ward!

The weekend after Youth Conference, Mike started his LSAT prep class. He is gone all the time now! Even when he is home he is so busy catching up on homework. I get kinda lonely at home so I have been trying to keep myself occupied with my own homework, or running, or going over to my parents house and hanging out there. At least there are people there. Mike is really enjoying the class though and seems to be learning a lot. The test isn't until October but we're going for the top!


Country Fest was last weekend. Mike has his LSAT class that Saturday morning so I went to the parade with some of my family. It was pretty hot outside but we had a good time. Any reason to be outside is a good reason.
Also, that night, they of course had their free concert and Mike and I never miss out on an opportunity to do something free, so we called up some friends and met them to see Darryl Worley in concert. It was good concert. Mike and I enjoyed ourselves. Plus whats better than hanging out with friends, laying on the grass, listening to some good country music?

This weekend, Mike and I went to Murray Park and had a picnic and did one of my favorite things....feed the ducks. I really don't know why I love it so much but I get a kick out of watching ducks fight for bread. The stupid seagulls wouldn't leave us alone though. We made a point of only letting the ducks eat the bread and not giving any to the seagulls. They were mean.
This weekend we also did another one of my favorite things...went to a Demolition Derby! I don't know what it is but watching cars crash into each other is so exhilarating. Mike's brother and his girlfriend went with us. I don't know how much they enjoyed it but Mike and I had a good time. There weren't any good fires or anything but we saw quite a few good hits and some cement barriers tips, so it was all worth it.

No comments :

Post a Comment